E Learning Designer / Instructor (Fixed Term Contract)
Are you an E-Learning Expert? We have an exciting opportunity for an E-Learning Designer / Instructor to work at Arm in Cambridge for 6 months, where you will be working with Engineers in the delivery of online training material.
This role will be a hybrid role (working 1-3 days in the office in order to collaborate with the team) - fixed term contract 6 months.
About the role
ARM Partner Training is currently in the process of implementing a new Learning Management System (LMS) to offer a more blended learning approach to their Partners. Adopting a new bite-sized online learning approach will enable our current face-to-face classrooms to become more practical based by moving elements of the more theory based topics online. You will work with our internal engineering teams and take technical subject matter material and convert this into easy to understand modules for a global audience.
What will I be accountable for?
The Instructional designer is accountable for the design and development of ARM bite-sized online learning content and in-line with ARM’s online course production workflow will:
- Work with the Training Manager and Instructional Designer to agree learning topics that meet our partners / customers’ needs.
- Collaborate with our Application Engineers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design the structure of courses, set learning objectives /outcomes, storyboard modules, and produce assessment activities
- Guiding Application Engineers in their capturing and drafting of the source materials.
- Use the ARM Online Learning PowerPoint Template, Camtasia, and the LMS assessment. functionality to produce audio-visual learning content.
- Coordinate and produce voice-over narration to accompany video content.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing approved graphics team to obtain icons and photos to illustrate the training.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Skilled in taking complex technical topics and breaking them down into understandable and meaningful content.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail. Willing to work with details, time management and multiple Subject Matter Expert coordination.
- Ability to manage & coordinate multiple development tasks at a time.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A good team-player, but also must be able to work well independently.
Would be useful to have:
- Skilled in instructional design and rapid eLearning authoring
- Experience with eLearning development tools such as TechSmith Camtasia to produce high quality and consistent micro mobile learning video content.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve effective solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.